Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Final Story

Final Story

Last-1 Scene Setting: Castle Gate

Gogotte: Sorry Arle, but I’m not letting you in.

Arle: Oh, come on! He just has to be up to something to ensure that I’ll marry him!

Gogotte: I told you before and I’ll say it again, I’m not letting you in. He told me specifically to not let anyone enter.

Amitie: What’s going on over here?

Arle: Gogotte here won’t let me inside Satan’s castle for some reason!

Amitie: Sounds like we need to teach him a lesson… by defeating him in a Puyo Puyo match!

Gogotte: You want to know why Satan doesn’t want anyone entering his castle and plan to make me talking by beating me in a Puyo battle? Be my guest, but you’re still not entering.
Last-2 Pre-Match Scene Setting: Castle Gate

Gogotte: Argh, it seems that you’ve won. I’ll talk. Satan’s not here… at least, not since earlier today. He left this morning for some unknown destination and when I encountered him just before he left he told me to not let anyone into his castle. He did mutter that ‘the doppelganger will try to kill the real person’ before he left, but I have no idea what he was talking about.

Amitie: A doppelganger? What’s that? Do you know what doppelgangers are, Arle?

Arle: I think I know what Gogotte is talking about, but my memory about it is a bit fuzzy. We could have a Puyo match right now to help me jog my memory.

Amitie: That sounds like a good idea. Let’s get to it then!

Last-2 Post-Match Scene Setting: Castle Gate

Arle: Aha, that match did it! I now remember what Doppelgangers are! They’re look-alikes of a living person and are often seen as a bringer of bad luck. I know because I’ve encountered a doppelganger of myself a couple of times. The last time I encountered one affected me personally.

Amitie: What do you mean by that?

Arle: A Doppelganger of myself took control of Satan and spirited Carbuncle away in an attempt to kill me. It was a difficult battle, but I managed to defeat the doppelganger and get Carbuncle back.

Amitie: (face turns blue from shock) …………………

Arle: I know… that was pretty scary, wasn’t it?

Amitie: Arle, when did this incident occur?

Arle: It occured back in my own world, in between an incident where Satan made the sun bigger and a bizarre adventure involving runes made from curry. I apologize for not mentioning it until now, but nobody ever asked me about it.
Last-3 Scene Setting: Primp Town Forest

Dragon: GAO GAO!

Amitie: Was that Draco I just heard?

Arle: No, it seems that Chico’s Dragon is nearby. I don’t know what’s going on with it though.

Ringo: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Dragon: GAO GAO!

Arle: I heard Ringo scream. Let’s hurry to help her. (runs off)

Amitie: Just what is going on here? Satan’s not present, a dragon is loose, what else could be happening? (runs after Arle)

Arle: It seems that Chico’s Dragon has cornered Ringo.

Ringo: W-W-What do you want from me?

???: (offscreen) STOP RIGHT THERE, YOU DESPICABLE LIZARD!

Amitie: Who was that?

Arle: Look, over there!

Gold-Clad Young Man: Lagnus the Brave is here. Fair Maiden, allow me to fend off this beast. Take this! (slashes at the Dragon, making a shallow cut that distracts it from Ringo)

Dragon: GAO GAO GAO! (knocks Lagnus down, causing him to de-age to a 10-year old)

Arle: (sigh) Lagnus the Brave. He’s a Light Warrior who opposes Schezo. He’s under a curse that renders him a 10-year old boy even though he’s 17.

Amitie: Ringo, are you alright?

Ringo: Thanks to Lagnus I’m unhurt, but it seems that the Dragon is now focused on him.

Dragon: GAO GAO!

Arle: Let’s see if a Puyo Puyo match can calm it down!

Amitie: I see no problems there.

Ringo: Alright then. Lagnus did help me by distracting it, so now we can return the favor.
Last-4 Pre-Match Scene Setting: Primp Town Forest

Dragon: Gao gao gao gao. Gao gao. (Ugh, that wasn’t good. Thanks, madam.)

Arle: Huh? Did I just understand what the Dragon was saying? Did it just thank me?

Dragon: Gao gao gao gao gao. Gao Gao Gao. Gao. (Yes, I did just thank you Arle. It seems that Master is coming. I need rest.)

Arle: Master? He must mean Chico.

Chico: GRRRR! HOW DARE YOU ATTACK MY PRECIOUS PET! WIND BLAST! (points her staff at Arle and the top of the staff glows briefly before returning to normal)

Arle: (holds down her skirt as a powerful gust of wind blows by) EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

Ringo: Hey, why did you use a wind spell on Arle!? It’s rude to lift up a girl’s skirt, no matter if it’s done with physical means or magic!

Amitie: Exactly! Did not not even notice that your pet was attacking my friend here?

Chico: It seems that we will have to battle in a Puyo Puyo match.

Last-4 Post-Match Scene Setting: Primp Town Forest

Chico: Oh, so that’s why Arle and this… Lagnus fellow attacked my pet Dragon.

Dragon: GAO! Gao gao gao. (That was a good nap.)

Chico: Oh, you seem to have recovered. How are you?

Dragon: Gao gao gao gao gao. Gao 
gao gao gao gao gao gao gao. Gao gao gao gao gao. (I am alright now, Master. I was not myself when I cornered Ringo and was attacked. Arle and her friends actually snapped me back to my senses.)

Chico: Well then, I humbly apologize for jumping to conclusions and attacking you everyone. My name is Chico. Who might the two of you be?

Amitie: My name’s Amitie. I’m a student at Primp Town’s Magic School and one of Arle’s friends.

Ringo: I’m Ringo Andou. Another friend of Arle and a student at Suzuran Junior High.

Chico: Alright then, Amitie and Ringo. As you no doubt saw with that wind spell, I am quite proficient at magic. I mostly use light magic, but I seem to have a wind affinity as well.

Arle: I wonder why your Dragon attacked Ringo.

Dragon: Gao gao gao gao. (Some weird alien possessed me.)

Ringo: Sounds like Ecolo’s up to his usual tricks again. He’s an odd being that is obsessed with me. He possessed Arle after I learned how to play Puyo from her. If Satan’s not up to something, then he’s the only person to suspect.

Amitie: I think Ms. Accord would help us track him down. We should go see her.

Arle: I really hope that Ecolo doesn’t possess me again.

Chico: Relax, Arle. I’ll be able to meet a bunch of new people now.
Last-5 Scene Setting: Primp Town Magic School

Chico: This certainly is new to me. I learned all of my magic from my parents and grandparents.

Amitie: So you were essentially homeschooled. That’s new to me. You could still come by every now and then to socialize with us.

Arle: Some people like Amitie are quite nice. Ms. Accord has secrets and Tarutaru is very friendly. Raffina though… you’ll see for yourself.

Raffina: Oh my, seems that someone new is here with Amitie. Hmm…

Chico: My name is Chico. Who are you?

Raffina: The name’s Raffina. I fully admit this, I can be a really mean bi-

Amitie: Raffina!

Raffina: (sigh) I’m just being honest here.

Amitie: That doesn’t give you the right to use such foul language!

Chico: (sniff) Uh oh, a sneeze is coming.

Ringo: Oh dear…

Chico: Ahhh… Ahhh… AACCHHOOO!!! (covers her mouth with one of her arms as she sneezes, not realizing that she used a spell)

Arle, Raffina, and Ringo: (hold down their skirts as a gust of wind blows by) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

Amitie: Bless you, Chico.

Chico: Thank you, Amitie. Umm, why is that boy in blue staring in this direction?

Amitie: Oh, that’s Klug. He’s the local genius and is sometimes insufferable about it.

Klug: (blushing) I can’t believe that I saw that.

Raffina: That’s it, it’s time for a Puyo Puyo match Chico!

Chico: Why are you so interested in a match right now? I only sneezed.

Raffina: That sneeze also kicked up a gust that blew my skirt upward! And judging by Klug’s blush, he got an inadvertent peek! I’ll deal with him later, right now you’re the one who will have to suffer!
Last-6 Pre-Match Scene Setting: Primp Town Magic School

Amitie: So… what do we know?

Ms. Accord: Chico’s diagnosis came in and as it turns out, she’s partially color-blind because of a ocular curse.

Klug: I wonder if a Puyo match can remove the curse.

Chico: That seems to be the general idea behind everything in this particular world. Someone being a jerk? Challenge them to Puyo. You’re on, Klug.

Last-6 Post-Match Scene Setting: Primp Town Magic School

Ms. Accord: So… what’s the result?

Chico: Ah, Klug is wearing purple. The color-blindness has ended.

Ringo: We’re trying to figure where Ecolo went off to.

Ms. Accord: Well, I can certainly help there. We may need the creeper’s help to track that entity.

Schezo: GRR, DON’T CALL ME THAT! I demand that you stop calling me creeper!

Arle: Schezo, we need your help tracking down Ecolo.

Schezo: Alright then. I assure you that Ecolo will be tracked down. That dimensional creeper can’t hide from me!
Last-7 Pre-Match Scene Setting: Primp Town Musuem


Schezo: The tracking equipment is ready, but it needs energy to work.


Arle: (thinking) Wow, Schezo didn’t use a poor choice of words. I guess he can be serious when he needs to.


Chico: Do you think a Puyo Match can provide the required energy?


Ms. Accord: I’m not sure if it can. These are high-quality part.


Lidelle: A standard match won’t be able to provide enough power to the equipment. I think that we need to enter Big Bang mode.


Amitie: Rider!? How do you know that!?


Lidelle: Don’t call me by that name, for O’s sake! Big Bang Mode, activate! (begins glowing)


Arle: Uh oh, I’m getting dragged in. (begins glowing)


Chico: Same here. (begins glowing)


Amitie: Oh, Rider. Will you just accept that name after losing this time? (begins glowing)


Lidelle: Big Bang…….


Everyone: Activate!


Last-7 Post-Match Scene Setting: Primp Town Museum


Lidelle: Yes, the machinery is working now.


Chico: You’re quite powerful, Lidelle. I’m glad that we can be friends.


Lidelle: (blushing) Thank you, miss Chico.


Amitie: Aaaahhh, that’s strong. You win… Lidelle.


Arle: It seems that Ecolo has decided to root himself inside a place known as the Stellar Graveyard. It’s pretty far from town, so people rarely go there and there’s a strange field there that affects magic.


Chico: Well then, let’s head to the Stellar Graveyard. We might learn something there.
The Real Last-8 Scene Setting: Primp Town Forest

Arle: So how exactly are we going to reach the Stellar Graveyard?

Ms. Accord: We first have to go through this forest, then the Flame Valley, after that we have to climb up the Dead Mountains, and the Stellar Graveyard is on the other side.

Ringo: The Flame Valley and Dead Mountains don’t sound like pleasant places to be.

Hohow Bird: That’s because only certain species live there.

Arle: Was that what I think it was?

Amitie: Yep, it’s the Hohow Bird.

Hohow Bird: I’m not alone either. Say hello to my little friend… she’s called Honey Bee.

Honey Bee: Assault from the sky!!!

Arle: (dodges a syringe from Honey Bee) Whoa! Now I remember why I don’t like either of you: It’s because the bird is annoying and the bee-

Honey Bee: Assault from the sky!!!

Arle: (as she’s being chased by Honey Bee) Not again!!!

Lidelle: Why do I feel sorry for Arle for having to put up with this wackiness on a regular basis?
Last-9 Scene Setting: Flame Valley Outskirts

Ringo: Is it just me or is it getting hotter?

Amitie: We must be near Flame Valley.

Lidelle: In fact, we already arrived.

???: (offscreen) AWOOOOOOOO!!!

Arle: What was that!?

Feli: (offscreen) Okay, which one of you knows where Baldanders is?

Amitie: It seems that Feli is here.

Ms. Accord: I wonder if Lemres is nearby…

Baldanders-like Creature A: AWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Baldanders-like Creature B: WE NOT TELL WHERE MASTER IS.

Ringo: (shocked) Whoa! What are those things?

Feli: These guys are Hellhounds.

Amitie: They look exactly like Baldanders without any armor.

Hellhound A: AWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hellhound B: MASTER IS ONE OF US, FEMALE.

Hellhound C: IF YOU WANT US TO HELP YOU, BATTLE US IN PUYO MATCH YOU MUST. BUT ONLY IF YOU WIN WILL WE DIVULGE WHERE MASTER IS. (A Fighting Vipers-like display showing Amitie’s health bar in the top left corner and something known as Hellhound Trio’s health bar in the top right corner appears)

Announcer: ROUND 1, FIGHT!

Hellhound Trio: Wrong series.

Feli: Did those Hellhounds just make a fighting game reference?

Lidelle: I think they did.
Last-10 Pre-Match Scene Setting: Dead Mountains

Arle: So how exactly did the Dead Mountains get their name?

Amitie: I never really thought of that myself, to be honest.

Lidelle: This place is haunted by the ghosts of people that passed on from a vicious magical plague that was a nasty problem for Primp Town fifty years ago.

Chico: Light spells are effective against them, and thank to my training I’m not only immune to possession I can perform an exorcism if anyone does get possessed.

Ringo: Do I hear music nearby?

Arle: That’s a guitar being played along with other instruments.

Yu: Hehehehehehe. Looks like our friend’s guitar playing has brought us Amitie and her friends.

Rei: That Sasoriman has such a good singing voice, that Harpy is nothing compared to him.

Yu: Rei, we have guests to scare!

Rei: Puyo Match, then.

Yu & Rei: Prepare for trouble in this Puyo Match! If we win, we will send a rain of Puyo on Primp Town that the residents can’t catch!

Amitie: I really wasn’t expecting to find Yu & her brother Rei here.

Lidelle: They’re ghosts. What else would you expect from them?

Last-10 Post-Match Scene Setting: Dead Mountains Stage Area

Zombie: Thank you, thank you.

Sasori Man: This was a good performance everyone. You’re a really good drummer, Tarutaru.

Tarutaru: Um, thank you Sasori Man.

Arle: Sasori Man, Tarutaru, and Zombie are here?!

Zombie: Hey look, it’s miss Arle.

Amitie: Who are these two guys again?

Arle: The red guy is Sasori Man, and the guitar player is Zombie.

Sasori Man: I’m glad that you remember us, Arle. We’re holding auditions here for a rock band.
Last-11 Scene Setting: Dead Mountains Stage Area

Lidelle: And I’m Lidelle. It’s nice to meet you two.

Sasori Man: Thank you, miss Lidelle. You’re a very polite young lady.

Yu: I never saw Stan around recently.

Rei: That man with the horns is Satan, Yu. I do wonder though… how would he take it if he ever saw Arle die in front of him?

Amitie: I never really thought about that, to be honest.

Lidelle: I don’t think that he would take it well. Best-case scenario, he’ll be really mad for a few days at least. Worst-case scenario… (faints)

Amitie: Lidelle! (catches Lidelle before she hits the ground)

Zombie: Is that normal for her?

Arle: I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lidelle faint before, but I could be wrong.

Rei: My question was only partially answered by Lidelle. Must I ask again?

Arle: No need to. To say that Satan would not take it well if he saw me die would be an understatement.

Ringo: I get the feeling that he’ll snap completely.

Tarutaru: Hey… You want to play a match?

Chico: I’m up for it.

Last-11 Post-Match Scene Setting: Dead Mountains Stage Area

Tarutaru: That was a good match, Chico. We should play again sometime.

Chico: The same to you, Tarutaru.

Lidelle; (wakes up) Ooh, that wasn’t pleasant.

Amitie: Lidelle, you finally back with us!

Arle: So why exactly did you faint when you were thinking of the worst-case scenario of Satan reacting to me dying in front of him?

Lidelle: While I was unconscious, I saw a vision or something like it… it was Satan destroying everything. In the vision, he blasted the entire town away with a spell known as Inferno before proceeding to freeze Lemres into a block of ice with a spell he called Cocytus.

Ms. Accord: Those two spells require both a massive amount of magic power and control to cast. Nobody in Primp Town has been able to use those two spells since the end of the plague times thirty-five years ago. Even I don’t have the necessary power and control to use them.

Sasori Man: I know the way to the Stellar Graveyard. Just follow me and you’ll be there quickly.
Last-12 Scene Setting: Stellar Graveyard Entrance

Arle: So this place is the Stellar Graveyard.

Amitie: This place tends to attract a lot of weird things, not just stars.

Ringo: So basically this place tends to get stuff like flying saucers, beings with glowing fingertips, and every other cliche in a science fiction book.

Lidelle: That pretty much sums it up.

Rulue: Oh my, it seems that Arle and her twerpish friends have arrived.

Minotauros: Shall I deal with them, my lady?

Rulue: No, Minotauros. I shall handle them myself.

Chico: The name is Chico, not twerp. Prepare to fight!
Normal Ecolo Mode scenes:

Last-13 Normal or lower/Hard Difficulty with Continue Pre-Match Scene Setting: Stellar Graveyard

Arle: There he is.

Amitie: He seems to be weaker than normal though. Maybe the doppelganger of Arle fought him here before we arrived.

Chico: So that humanoid blob is Ecolo? He looks pretty creepy.

Lidelle: I agree with you, Chico.

Ecolo: Agh, not you guys… wait, where is Ringo?

Ringo: I’m right here, Ecolo.

Ecolo: Argh, this just isn’t my day is it? First I had to expend nearly all of my power fending off that red doppelganger of Arle and now you jokers show up. I’m not giving up though. Dark Wizard, your body shall be mine!

Schezo: Absolutely not! You’re an even bigger creeper than anyone I’ve known about! Prepare yourself!

Last-13 Normal or lower/Hard Difficulty with Continue Post-Match Scene Setting: Stellar Graveyard

Chico: Is it over?

Arle: Ecolo might have another trick up his sleeve. Watch out.

Ecolo: Relax, that was all the power that I could use.

Amitie: Huh… What do you mean by that, Ecolo?

Ecolo: That doppelganger of Arle I faced earlier… she’s somehow become very powerful… to the point where she single-handedly… stopped me from trying to… induce another puyo-apocalypse with just one spell. I need to rest soon… I’ve used up way too much energy… Arrrgh… (falls to the ground, unconscious)

Ringo: He’s unconscious.

Chico: So he’s not going to be a problem for us anytime soon then?

Lidelle: It seems that way.

Schezo: I get the feeling that something isn’t right here. Like the story hasn’t really concluded.
Unusual Ecolo Scenes:

Last-13 Hard without continues Pre-Match Scene Setting: Stellar Graveyard

Ringo: There’s that jealous little blob.

Arle: He seems unusual though. He’s at full strength right now, so be ready for anything.

Unusual Ecolo: Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh. I wonder if any of you can match up to me right now… En Garde!

Last-13 Hard without continues Post-Match Scene Setting: Stellar Graveyard

Unusual Ecolo: HYAA! (blasts away the nuisance Puyo on top of him)

Amitie: What the…!? That didn’t even faze him!

Ringo: Seems that we’ll just have to tire him out by repeatedly beating him in Puyo Puyo matches.

???: Heheheheh.

Amitie: Who was that just now?

Ringo: I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Chico: It’s that doppelganger…

Doppelganger Arle: Heheheheheh. You’re no match for me, dimensional freak! Get a load of this! (throws a purple energy bolt that strikes Unusual Ecolo)

Unusual Ecolo: (gradually turns to stone) Hey, that tickles… wait a minute… what’s… going… on… here? Why… is… my… voice… slowing… d…o…w…n?

Ringo: (knocks on Ecolo) That doppelganger of Arle… she just turned Ecolo into a stone statue!

Doppelganger Arle: That’s right. Now then, my other… You’ll be next. Toodles! (teleports away)

Amitie: Ooooh, that doppelganger… her attitude makes me very mad!

Chico: If she actually manages to turn Arle to stone, I just happen to know a spell that can cure it and return her to normal. But we won’t let that happen, right?

Ringo: You’re absolutely right, Chico.

Arle: We’ll have to keep our guard up. I have a feeling that we’ll meet my doppelganger again in the future.

Lidelle: She’s scary, the doppelganger of Arle.
Made by PuyoSturm

No comments:

Post a Comment